September cruise?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

September cruise?

Post by nicholasa631 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:08 pm

I was wondering if anyone was planning a cruise in september. I've got two ideas but the roads to take I haven't a clue. I was thinking either making a cruise up to the 9/11 mamorial up in PA and stop for food some place or maybe a cruise up to sonic kind of like the May cruise
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: September cruise?

Post by nicholasa631 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

I was thinking more of doing a september 11th trip up to the memorial in pa
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm

I remeber a cruise a while back to the memorial. They hadn't totally finished it. I would be interested depending on the date and time
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Sounds like a good trip, just dont think that would be the best weekend to do it. I'd be interested in going to it if I'm around and not traveling for work.
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm always down to get down
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 am

Scott from MCOM set this up a few years ago, we met up with a few others from Pa. along the way. It was quite a drive the weather in the morning was crummy, but what I remember most was how emotional it was sitting in the chapel listening to the story be told then the cruise to the actual site.

Still there are many unanswered questions about what really happened to that flight and the true stories surrounding the crash site, but it's something that must be taken in personally.  We did this cruise in August to avoid the crowd for the 10th ann.

Honey Bunny and I did the 9/11 cruise that Sept. the week before the dedication of that menorial with NVMC. The only problem was parking at the Pentagon, they were not letting anyone on the Pentagon lots prior to the Ceremony (security reasons).

Theses two sites are a MUST SEE for everyone.
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:35 am

Well you know since we lived through this event and it was on our turf I would agree that the Pentagon for sure is one I wanna see and the Pa. site could yield some humble feelings. I was up in NYC and actually I have no desire to see ground zero and although the new WTC tower is a sight to behold in beauty and design and it is not on my bucket list. I do feel however the events that lead to those catastrophic events should never be forgotten; but I am one about respect and not about making a buck on negative things like that and that is why NYC area is a no no for me.  

I just can't comment to that run just yet but if you all make it I hope it is fun and also memorable.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasa631 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 pm

I was thinking of making it simple and meeting up at sonic and making the drive up and avoiding tolls which would run about 96 miles. If anyone has other options or suggestions I'm more then willing to listen to figure something that would work for everyone
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top