New Guy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Guy

Post by 306Fox on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Hey everyone,

Been looking around for a local Mustang club for awhile, and finally ran into this site.

My name's Matt, I'm 23, I'm your average DIY guy with moderate experience in working on cars, I have a crazy passion for learning this stuff, and I've pretty much wanted a Fox Body since I was maybe 12-13. Finally decided to pick up a 1990 GT a few months ago as a 'semi' project for a solid price, and dive right in (and boy.. it's been both an amazing journey, and a massive headache.. ahaha). I got a ways to go before she's fully prepared for the strip, for now though she's a blast to drive on the street. Gotta love the old 5.0s!

I live in the Silver Spring area, and currently use it as my daily driver.. which is sorta suicide with the gas prices nowdays, and the horrible roads in Montgomery County/DC. Anyways, glad to be here, hope I fit in well, and I'm looking forward to meeting some great enthusiasts over the next coming year(s)!

1990 GT Current Mods:

306 Forged bottom end
Mild Street Cam
GT40 Upper/Lower
GT40 Heads
BBK Shortys
King Cobra Clutch W/Hurst Short Throw
MSD Coil + Wires
44 Series Flows + O/R H Pipe
3.73 Gears
BBK CAI
Smog Delete + AC Delete (Also seems the previous owner, or one of them deleted the EGR X_x)

Below are some pics of when I picked her up, and after she had a bath. She cleaned up pretty nice. Over the past few months I've run into some speed bumps though, such as the very unfortunate event of my hood flying up and bending my cowl panel Sad. An old friend of mine did a pretty solid job medicating the situation though. Need some ground effects, new paint, and a plethora of other stuff to feel completely accomplished with a transformation though Laughing. What are projects for if not fun and headaches? Onto the good stuff!

Also, sorry about my friend in the photos.. He bombed pretty much all of them with his finger.

306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Guy

Post by TT_05_Stang on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Welcome!

Glad to see another gear head... you will fit in.

Tuner: Frank Soldridge PSI Motorsports Inc.
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mike226 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 am

welcome
Big Mike226
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 am

another Fox saved from being put out to the pasture....always makes me wanna.... .
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 am

Cool you have a PA car? The current mods were "all" the stuff you've done? Also see you have a metal fan instead of the stock fan. Pretty amazing and I bet it is a blast to drive not with standing the speed traps in Montgomery Co.

I have a 90 vert and it is a total sleeper but eventually I'll do a few more things to perk it up. Hope to run into you sometime now that I am finally back in the state full time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Welcome
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 306Fox on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@6-71 unsure what you mean by PA car. The majority of these mods were done by one of the previous owner(s). A lot of stuff in this car turned out to be pretty half assed, so It's been quite the project getting everything just right. She needs a solid tune up, which I plan to do very soon.

@Henny I agree! A few friends of mine have fox bodies in my area. One just did an EFI to Carb in his blue 89. I hate when I see these cars at salvage yards, but at the same time I kinda rejoice a little though.. cause maybe I'll find somethin that I can use Smile. Kinda cool seeing you're in pasadena though, I picked this car up in pasadena. Right off route 10 Razz.
306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Welcome to the nut house
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Welcome to the Jungle!

Looks like a fox my buddy Jake recently sold.
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm

pennsylvania car right?

Anyways welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by 306Fox on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Lone Star wrote:Welcome to the Jungle!

Jake from JPC right? That would be the one!

He's a great down to earth guy. He was immensely helpful with some minor hiccups that I had within the first month of owning the car. I felt sorta like a little kid bugging him and pestering him with certain minor issues though, but I was still in the 'new fox must know everything' stage, and he was very patient with me Razz.

6-71 wrote:pennsylvania car right?

Anyways welcome

Negative on the PA car. Thanks for the welcome though!
306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Welcome to the site. Let us know if you have any questions we might be able to help with.

What kind of "ground effects" are you referring to? Getting rid of the GT valences?
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

welcome, bel pre area right?

92 LX NOTCH = SOLD
2008 M109R   SLAMMED! IS IT SPRING YET?

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
ROTM 07/08--ROTY 2008

1FUN5.0 wrote: hahaha...if you're not first you're last!!! LMAO
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 306Fox on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm

LXStangFiveOh wrote:Welcome to the site. Let us know if you have any questions we might be able to help with.

What kind of "ground effects" are you referring to? Getting rid of the GT valences?

I thought about doing a GT to LX style conversion, but if I could find the GT ground effects (side skirts, fender/quarter panel moldings, etc) then I would keep it as is.

It's not entirely ugly, but it could use some TLC. Definitely needs a repaint, but I'm holding off until I find all the trim that I need before I give her a full spray. I'm partial to Dark Shadow Grey or a Dark Forest Green Smile.

Big-B wrote:welcome, bel pre area right?

Yeah, Literally right off Bel Pre. You might have seen me around. I'm sure you can relate to some of the awful drivers in this area

Btw, maybe you know James and Sarah? They own 2 Fox's in this area, green and blue LX's.

306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Welcome. I hope we have events for you to join. They're fun when they actually happen
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:03 am

nope, cant say i do. you should invite them to join here. i sold my notch goin on 3 years ago so ive been outa the car scene for a while. i knew where you lived from the info imbedded in the pics you posted. im just up georgia ave from you in olney.
the red vert was my wifes, she sold that about 2 years ago

heres a video from one of the meets a few years ago you might like. pay attention to the commentary at the end. It's priceless.
http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/PRO50SC/media/PRO50SC/Burn%20outs/Picture005.mp4.html?sort=3&o=3

Last edited by Big-B on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

92 LX NOTCH = SOLD

ROTM 07/08--ROTY 2008

Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:06 am

- 306fox..... yes I've had quite a "stiffy" .. for a LX ,dark green with white top/ and interior for years. Theres alway one down at Dead Freddies for the Spring Cruise that just makes me drool.....see ya down the road.
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 am

306Fox wrote:I thought about doing a GT to LX style conversion, but if I could find the GT ground effects (side skirts, fender/quarter panel moldings, etc) then I would keep it as is.

It's not entirely ugly, but it could use some TLC. Definitely needs a repaint, but I'm holding off until I find all the trim that I need before I give her a full spray. I'm partial to Dark Shadow Grey or a Dark Forest Green Smile.

50resto.com and foxresto.com have most of the trim you will need.
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 306Fox on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am

Big-B wrote:

Between Emory and 108? Beautiful cars btw! Shame you guys got rid of them, but I'm sure it was for good reason. Anything keeping you from re-entering the scene?

Henny Penny wrote:- 306fox..... yes I've had quite a "stiffy" .. for a LX ,dark green with white top/ and interior for years. Theres alway one down at Dead Freddies for the Spring Cruise that just makes me drool.....see ya down the road.

I love a good accented dark color. Black to me is too common, and outplayed (but still gorgeous regardless). A clean dark green, dark blue, and something like dark shadow grey gets me every time. I can't help but turn my head. Bright vibrant colors are good in some applications, but from past experience they also attract the most negative attention (both from people and cops X_x).

LXStangFiveOh wrote:
306Fox wrote:I thought about doing a GT to LX style conversion, but if I could find the GT ground effects (side skirts, fender/quarter panel moldings, etc) then I would keep it as is.

50resto.com and foxresto.com have most of the trim you will need.

I've been keeping a close eye on distributors like LMR, AM, CJPonyparts, etc for sales on trim. I've never heard of Foxresto though, ty for the addition to my watch list

I'm probably just going to go to LX style since it will be less of a headache, and still look really clean when I'm done.

Edit -- Sorry double posted
306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am

306Fox wrote:
Lone Star wrote:Welcome to the Jungle!

Jake from JPC right? That would be the one!

He's a great down to earth guy. He was immensely helpful with some minor hiccups that I had within the first month of owning the car. I felt sorta like a little kid bugging him and pestering him with certain minor issues though, but I was still in the 'new fox must know everything' stage, and he was very patient with me Razz.

6-71 wrote:pennsylvania car right?

Anyways welcome

Negative on the PA car. Thanks for the welcome though!

I thought that the car looked familiar! That car had a really hideous blue tribal stripe, but otherwise was a great car. Jake is a really nice guy
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:58 pm

306Fox wrote:
Big-B wrote:

Between Emory and 108? Beautiful cars btw! Shame you guys got rid of them, but I'm sure it was for good reason. Anything keeping you from re-entering the scene?

yeah, money and the lack of love for working on cars. just grew tired of it after being a mechanic by profession for over 25 years. Always had bikes, and got back into it heavy.

92 LX NOTCH = SOLD

ROTM 07/08--ROTY 2008

Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm

The more the better! Welcome!
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2011-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:16 am

Welcome! I have very little Fox experience, even though I bought my first Stang back in '94. It was a metallic blue '92 LX 5.0 and I loved it! At least for the 2 years I had it before it was stolen while in Daytona Beach...BASTARDS!!!!! The police did recover it less than 24 hours later, BUT it was stripped and what was left was trashed Sad I am now on my 4th Stang and back to the dark metallic blue as I love that color on a Stang
I hope you enjoy your time here! When the planets align...there are many folks here who love to help work on other's cars...me included!

'92 LX 5.0 by kooldawg6, on Flickr
As a youngster, all I could afford to do to it was a Steeda Tri Ax shifter, Flowmaster exhaust, upgraded clutch, aluminum driveshaft, Weld wheels and the new tires. I had just gotten the new clutch install in June of '96 and still getting used to it when it got stolen the middle of July Sad

'92 LX 5.0 at Daytona International Speedway by kooldawg6, on Flickr
Here she was sitting out front of Daytona International Speedway just a day or two before she would get taken...

'92 after theft recovery by kooldawg6, on Flickr
Most of the interior was stripped (front/rear seats), the door panels were ripped apart for all of the speakers and factory head unit, there was a long handled screw driver wire tied where the shifter used to be, the rear window defogger switch taken off the dash along with the rear window, the driveshaft and mufflers taken and left on 4 spare tires... THEN, whoever took it, set off a fire extinguisher inside and outside the entire car! I (being young and not knowing) asked the police if it was set on fire. They said no, it's how you cover everything up and make it nearly impossible to fingerprint...
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Damn Dawg!! I never knew....bummer.
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Wow that is a huge bummer. But i like your current car and it has a nice and conservative look

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum