oh my oh my...what to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down

oh my oh my...what to do

Post by FASFOX89 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:52 pm

On my way in to work this morning I see my old 88 coupe for sale on the side of the road in my hometown.(go figure) 1st thought is ..I want it back in my stall again but it looked pretty ragged out. So after work i stop by lok at it and ask questions about it just seeing what the guy says.1st off theres a 1800 or best offer in the window.yea right buddy..Just bullshittin i say "i cant go over 1000 and even then i'd have to look at it more thorough before that... Then he says "I have to be honest with you ,I just picked this up yesterdaY for 800 bucks and i was just trying to make some money to get another vehicle?? ok buddy.LOL. What should i offer..remember..it has tons of sentimental value for me. so ,I'm ready to go tell him 700..hell, he probably picked it up for 500. It still has the 65mm TB and shorty headers i put on it.. what to do what to do.I'll try and get a pic of it tonight for you all to look at.. :2thumbs:
FASFOX89
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2011-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: oh my oh my...what to do

Post by TT_05_Stang on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:02 pm

If it runs and is fairly undamaged 800-1000 is a pretty good deal...

Tuner: Frank Soldridge PSI Motorsports Inc.
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FASFOX89 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm

he said it ran good but last time he started it up the battery ground wire melted. No biggee..The best thing about it was no rusty rot underneath. He tried to say it had 166k on it cuz the odo was stopped at 66k. The odo stopped on me at 66k...lol. oh...and it needs lotsa work..but no major rust that i could see just by a quick look underneath
FASFOX89
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2011-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 pm

now thats a dilemma, there are a few of the old cars I had that I would pay whatever they wanted for them, if I were to find one, most especially my old 71 charger, the 63 Falcon, my first car I know is long gone.

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE
Check out the Blue Mustang Registry here
Eddie
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4366
Registration date : 2007-09-19

View user profile http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I guess the reasonable question is this: Do you have time to do a new project? If you do then ask for whatever will not stick in the gut too much as you say to yourself WTF was I thinking? I've never really loved my car that much but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist! And I guess the other thought here is: What will your budget be if you take this rascal on? I say this as a consideration if you decide to sell this car you might want to make a profit for the good times.....

Have fun with the 88.

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 am

hmm.... 2 foxes ? Smile
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1846
Registration date : 2008-10-19

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 am

Time and money, plus a place to let her sit......heartbreaking choise. scratch
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

RTW0223 wrote:hmm.... 2 foxes ? Smile

He said it right tho: 2 foxes is better than one

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

Big Blue wrote:now thats a dilemma, there are a few of the old cars I had that I would pay whatever they wanted for them, if I were to find one, most especially my old 71 charger, the 63 Falcon, my first car I know is long gone.

My first car would also qualify under these circumstances, 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix Model J

looked identical to this:

Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm

My First car...

TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm

I had an '86 GN, was definitely one of my favorite cars! Will one day own another
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Lone Star wrote:
Big Blue wrote:now thats a dilemma, there are a few of the old cars I had that I would pay whatever they wanted for them, if I were to find one, most especially my old 71 charger, the 63 Falcon, my first car I know is long gone.

My first car would also qualify under these circumstances, 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix Model J

I had a 74 SJ 455 white on white and sold it before I joined the service back in 86. Although outside of Fords I would go for a 69 GP 428 4 speed or a 70-76 Firebird (74 w/445 SD) but a pontiac nevertheless would be a serious blood rush. Anyways in another life I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

If you have the time and the $$ to bring her back, GO FOR IT!!! But don't let her sit......

Proud driver of Shela - 2005 Satin Silver GT
Member of the Silver Mustang Registry SMR# 0518
June/July SOTM 2011

Ask me about some of my mods....
All the work here is done by a broad!
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

View user profile http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:15 am

Lone Star wrote:

That's sweet, I always loved those GP's

TT_05_Stang wrote:My First car...

And then I look at this one, wow, my first car you could watch the road go by under your feet LOL
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 am

Big Blue wrote:
And then I look at this one, wow, my first car you could watch the road go by under your feet LOL

Well to be honest... the car was given to me with a few issues... my grandfather bought me the car when I was 15. for 1100. It had a blown engine, and body damage from hail.

My grandfather said you have a year before you get your drivers licence, fix it and you will have a car, do it yourself and you will respect it.

I got a 327 out of an old Corvette, put a 350 turbo trans, a quadrajet, banged out every little dimple from hail, filled the rest I couldnt get to, and painted it. I loved that car... Drove it for a year. Had a friend put a stereo in it, and where the wires went through the dash he didnt put a grommit... it caught fire that week, down in Deale MD and I watched her burn to the ground Sad.

TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 am

Oh man, I was just lucky nothing like that happened to me, when your a kid you take shortcuts that you maybe shouldn't, my 63 Falcon cost me $75 and you had to pump the brakes twice before it would stop, and I drove it that way and didn't think anything of it LOL, Blue has the rear making noise and I'm fixing it ASAP, funny how your view of things change as you get older ROTFL

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE
Check out the Blue Mustang Registry here
Eddie
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm

TT_05_Stang wrote:
Big Blue wrote:

Well to be honest... the car was given to me with a few issues... my grandfather bought me the car when I was 15. for 1100. It had a blown engine, and body damage from hail.

My grandfather said you have a year before you get your drivers licence, fix it and you will have a car, do it yourself and you will respect it.

I got a 327 out of an old Corvette, put a 350 turbo trans, a quadrajet, banged out every little dimple from hail, filled the rest I couldnt get to, and painted it. I loved that car... Drove it for a year. Had a friend put a stereo in it, and where the wires went through the dash he didnt put a grommit... it caught fire that week, down in Deale MD and I watched her burn to the ground Sad.
Bummer, at least I was able to sell mine and make a few bucks too. I didn't have to do the work you did. My car was turn key and I must of had a travel angel because I deserved to dead over the risk I took.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum