Fox----Wish list

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

I pulled my stang out last friday and put it on the lift and I was able to do some much needed maintenance and after I was able to fix the missing grommet on the throttle body area and now my car acts like it has some friggin nuts!

So now I am gonna ask you all about if you had the money-----> need to be real here and since it is my money it isn't plentiful.

1. MAF sensor/ K&N

2. Chip it

3. Shift kit

4. All of the above?

My car is all stock right now with 49K on it and so I'd to have a little extra when I want it.

Thanks



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Henny Penny on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 am

Wish list ?
Paint her Emerald Green and donate her to "Steve Wants a Fox Conv. Foundataion ".....and thanks in advance
Oh right, this is all about your wish list. Did you already do the coldair intake and tune?
avatar
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Age : 55
Location : Pasadena
Registration date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by AAron83 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 am

full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when i was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
avatar
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Age : 34
Location : Wheaton MD
Registration date : 2008-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by LXStangFiveOh on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

A chip won't do much for you at all. I agree completely with Aaron. Gears and timing are a great start, and the shift kit will make it even more fun to drive.

I have a like-new C&L 76mm MAF housing with a 19lb (stock) injector sample tube and a K&N filter for a stock airbox both for sale if you're interested. The K&N needs cleaned.
avatar
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Age : 32
Location : Frederick, MD
Registration date : 2011-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by TT_05_Stang on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:22 pm

24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears

_________________
Black 05 Stang
Current Mods: ProLine Shortblock, TurboHorsepower Twin Turbo
Numbers: 15psi, 17* timing, 722rwhp 649 rwtq on a Mustang Dyno... when it's running...
Tuner: Frank Soldridge PSI Motorsports Inc.
avatar
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Age : 41
Location : Arnold, MD
Registration date : 2007-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by LXStangFiveOh on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm

And heads
avatar
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Age : 32
Location : Frederick, MD
Registration date : 2011-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Henny Penny wrote:Wish list ?
Paint her Emerald Green and donate her to "Steve Wants a Fox Conv. Foundataion ".....and thanks in advance
Oh right, this is all about your wish list. Did you already do the coldair intake and tune?

I have a co-worker in Tucson with a 7-up vert LX and it is just sitting in his driveway. I haven't done anything because I don't get to drive it. I am hoping to get another job after the first of the year which would mean I'd be back in Maryland full time and I could drive it more and just meet and greet with folks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 pm

ranx93 wrote:full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when I was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
Timing advance---how many degrees? For me the gears aren't a big deal since I won't be staging it or racing since a bright red car does draw attention. I would like just a little help to make it that thrill I never could afford.

This topic will be one I will be looking at again in the future once I have a full time job here in Maryland.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Henny Penny on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

TT_05_Stang wrote:24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears
.....what he said ????
avatar
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Age : 55
Location : Pasadena
Registration date : 2010-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by AAron83 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm

6-71 wrote:
ranx93 wrote:full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when I was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
Timing advance---how many degrees? For me the gears aren't a big deal since I won't be staging it or racing since a bright red car does draw attention. I would like just a little help to make it that thrill I never could afford.

This topic will be one I will be looking at again in the future once I have a full time job here in Maryland.

I advanced my 93 GT to 12 degrees when i had the stock motor with mac shorty headers h pipe and catback and 373 gears. 410 gears and you should have a fun little street car/cruiser. i feel you on that bright red attention thing haha i want to paint mine now. i didnt do any injectors or maf until i tore into the motor with more serious mods. its just me id rather do everything at once when i figure out what i want
avatar
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Age : 34
Location : Wheaton MD
Registration date : 2008-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Aaron 10-4 on doing everything now, I like instant gratification but ye ole wallet is m/t! My buddy had a 93 vert with 3.73 and a T-5 and it was "peppy" I am not a 4.10 fan for cruising at hi-way speeds.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Henny Penny wrote:
TT_05_Stang wrote:24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears
.....what he said ????
Doh ROTFL

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by AAron83 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 am

6-71 wrote:Aaron 10-4 on doing everything now, I like instant gratification but ye ole wallet is m/t! My buddy had a 93 vert with 3.73 and a T-5 and it was "peppy" I am not a 4.10 fan for cruising at hi-way speeds.


haha ok. my project is on hold for the same reason so she stays indoors chillin.
avatar
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Age : 34
Location : Wheaton MD
Registration date : 2008-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by RTW0223 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Listen to Aaron or Will. gears are probably the best bang for the buck, as they say. That's what I went with and love it. Even though its only mildly built, the gears really make for the most fun. but my tires dont like them
avatar
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1846
Age : 26
Location : Hagerstwon, MD
Registration date : 2008-10-19

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Thank you all and given I am stock and in many ways wanna stay that way gears would be a welcome addition and are a decent price and I know a good rearend mech. I have worked hard to get my house paid down and just never had time for a "me" toy until now and even though I have driven like 300 miles since last Friday my lil pony car will be parked for at least December and then another six months until I can get time off.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by AAron83 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 am

cool. keep us updated and good luck
avatar
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Age : 34
Location : Wheaton MD
Registration date : 2008-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:27 am

ranx93 wrote:cool. keep us updated and good luck

We'll do since I am on the fast track.....you know the 5 year plan that gets pushed to the left and so on and so on. Hopefully not but if I know my track record I can see it now. But when I get back fulltime I can at least make a cruise or meet folks who love there stangs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Gears---->3.73 are in the hopper for my next trip home. I believe that alone will make a big difference. Tonight going home this newer vert just dusted my ass even though I wasn't gonna run him since my fam was with me. But had I had gears I believe it would of jumped and acted like it had some guts.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum